Rockford Fostgate T400-2 dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
T400-2 dead no power. no LEDs or any sign of life.

various scope tests on the TL494 reviels power is present, chip is oscillating. however DTC pin 4 is held a logic high at 5v. thus preventing chip from outputting.

Checked all thermal sensors, everything appears ok. its hard to probe this board with power on as its a riser card, and bunch of crap in the way.

anyone with a schematic? thanks.

More testing has revealed an accidental power up. I was probing voltages on the 2nd LM339 when the probe slipped and shorted out pins 2 and 3. effectively pulling the output of one of the op-amps to 12V VCC. this allowed the amplifier to kick on for a split second.

So being more bold, i put the meter probe back on shorting it again, and the amplifier worked fine. sounded fine, nothing got hot. soon as i let go, power LED went back off, and everything quit again.

So i bridged the connection temporarily, amplifier played fine. if i remove the remote wire connection, the audio will go out, but power supply and LED stays running until i remove the short. Or, if i cut the full power off, and back on. the LED will stay off until i reconnect remote wire.

so maybe there is an issue in the remote circuit, and making the short bypasses it?

any ideas? thanks.

The 339 will likely need to be replaced of you shorted an output to 12v when it was internally trying to drive to ground.

Post the voltage on all pins of the 339 (jumper/short removed):

IC#
Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:

I cant get safely to most of them.. its on a riser card. any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.