punch 800a2 $100??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was thinking about buying a Rockford Fosgate Punch 800a2 for $100, i figured wow thats one good deal so i checked out the amp i looked in the little side vents to check out what ever i could see inside and i noticed one side had no output fets looked someone just yanked them off the mesha strip so that really got me thinking. I heard it play and it played loud off the good channel. Its my brother-inlaw's amp so im not sure if i'll pay $100 for it now. is it repairable? when i looked inside the solder pad for the fets didnt look usuable anymore because they were just ripped out! So tell me if i should still buy or not? or whats it worth now?

You can repair it but you'll need to use a different type of insulator and you'll need to fabricate clamps. Before you buy it, you should remove the cover to make sure that the board isn't damaged where they removed the transistors. Sometimes, it looks more like they were removed with a pair of pliers than a solder iron.

You can repair it but you'll need to use a different type of insulator and you'll need to fabricate clamps. Before you buy it, you should remove the cover to make sure that the board isn't damaged where they removed the transistors. Sometimes, it looks more like they were removed with a pair of pliers than a solder iron.

Okay I had a look at the whole circuit board everthing else looks okay but just the transistors, the only thing left from the transistors are the legs (LOL). Whole ever did this didn't bother to screw down the rest of the mesha strip. I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not. How much do you think is worth?

In my opinion, it's not worth more than $50. If the channel failed, there is likely quite a bit of damage to the components on the board.

Well, see he's not very knowledgeable about electronics or about car amps he thinks it's old school so it's worth alot more and I generally don't want to pay no more than 50 dollars for it because it's damaged. I guess I'll pass this up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.