fiberglass installation options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all im new here but it seems to be a great source of knowledge

heres my case.

Okay, so i got flipped on today when my mom had no room for groceries in the car. to make a long story short, a 5^3 square box isnt going to work out in the accord. so my alternative is to fberglass a new one. but im having some problems deciding where to go with it. i originally planned to put two on each rear corner of the trunk.... but then i thought of how much of a loss in spl i got when i faced the subs forward toward the cabin.

so then i thought of making it facing out of the trunk, all the way up to the back of the seat.

my question is- Does anyone think that i will lose that much SPL from putting them in the rear corners???

also- any other recommendations/ideas/questions would be greatly appreciated.... thanks

Kevin

you will lose spl from not facing them back, and also from going to a smaller box--however u gain cabin space---so its a tradeoff.. i would not count on it being as loud so you have to decide which is more important---or you can make a false floor, and put the sub in the spare tire well, and make a grill for the sub so you can still put groceries in -- however, you lose the spare in this case--another tradeoff... any chance u can mount a sub up front somewhere?? new console??

-chris

Another option is to look for subs that have low/shallow mounting depths to minimize enclosure space. Also look for subs that work well in sealed enclosure and smaller sized enclosures. A sealed box will alway be smaller than a ported one, so make sure its a sealed box. Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.