Sil-Pad for Hifonics BX1000D - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st July 2010, 10:49 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to 79twotone
Default Sil-Pad for Hifonics BX1000D

Replaced some fets in the amp and tore some of the sil-pad in a few places. Was wondering if anyone knew what type I could use to replace it with. Any info would be appreciated...added a pic to help identify the sil-pad type
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

There are several options other than the silicone pads. The 1mil kapton tape with 2mil silicone adhesive works well for class D amps. The kapton MT material (mcmaster-carr part number 2271K24) works well and is a slightly better thermal conductor (not significantly important for class D amps) but has to be cut to size. Mica insulators work well but are tedious to have to deal with. All of these would be used with thermal heatsink compound.
Old 4th September 2010, 03:58 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to 79twotone
Thanks and sorry for the late response. One more question, which thermal heatsink compound would you recommend me using?
Old 4th September 2010, 07:54 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

IF you're going to continue doing repair work, I'd suggest buying a tube of Dow Corning 340. If you only need compound for this repair, Radio Shack has compound that will work.

Hide this!Advertise here!