Audiobahn a275hct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I fixed it :) not the right way but isn't that great of a amp any way. But I had voltage right to the dot. Well I tested right before the big resistor and had it so I thought it was the dot. So I pulled the big resistor to solder it. Put it all back together. Didn't work.

So I took two volt meter test leads and hooked them together. Touched the one on the 12volts and the other on the dot. Came right to life. So instead of pulling it apart to figure it out yet again. I soldered a wire to the dot on the top side. Then the other end after it comes out of the fuses. Hooked it up and played strong for 10mins.:eek:

I believe the break to be under that cap to be honest. Maybe broke down from heat of that cap? Either way you think it will be fine how I have it?

Though thanks a lot for all the help.

If you scraped the fixative near that capacitor, it's possible that you cut the trace. If you didn't, it's likely that the corrosion damaged the via.

To restore the connection from the top to the bottom of the board, you would clean the pad on each side of the board, insert a wire into the via and solder it on both sides of the board.

Restoring the connection as you did should work just as well but you should apply a dot of adhesive to various anchor points along the wire to prevent stressing the solder connections on the wire when the amp is subjected to vibration.

It isn't the dot. It is before it. Right now I have the wire soldered to the top side of the dot.;) It is somewhere from before and after that cap I had removed. I never scraped anything there as it didn't work when I got it for the very reason we were trying to fix.

I just glued the wire down before reading your post so that should be good though. The amp isn't really worth pulling all the way back apart to fix the trace under that cap. So if it will work the way it is all good to me :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.