Image Dynamics ID10 no so loud.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, I'm new to this forum, and would like to say hello to everyone...!

Well I just purchase a pair or ID10 version 3, DVC 2ohms from Image Dynamics, I don't feel that its getting loud enough. I'm running it off of an JL 500/1 amp at 2ohms load. Gain set all the way down, boost bass at 0, crossover at 80hz infrasonic set at 60hz. I've notice that the sound is getting warmer, but not louder...

Please advice...
Thanks

infrasonic set at 60hz.

as I recall this is a filter, and your filter is set very close to your crossover point. Perhaps you might try lowering the "infrasonic back around 30 or 20. I see amps come into me with similar issues and this filter is set too close to the crossover point thus removing a lot of bass information.... Almost every time I see this issue, the setup plays a lot louder once the subsonic filter is set appropriately. This filter can relieve boominess of the system but at a cost and if used incorrectly will render you bassline muted....

update: As this subs get some playing time to break-in, it is suprisingly getting very warm, tight, and deep bass. I am quite impressed with this subs.

1moreamp: I did a lil research, and someone mention that's for power consumption? either way, I'm not familiar with it, so i turn that feature off.

Problem now is with my amp. It would play for a bout 10-15 minutes and the sounds go away, amp remains on but no sound, no thermo error. Originally the "off/12db/24db" octave setting was set at "12db", i turn it to off position, and the sounds come on again, but I have not have a chance to listen to it long enough to tell that it will remain on. This issue never occur before with this amp, and I have this amp over 6 years.

I'll keep everyone update,
Thanks for you respond.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.