rockford p300-1 heating up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey i have a rockford fosgate p300-1 and it blew on me so i changed the mosfetts for ones that were compatible (similar) since the correct ones were out if stock. The tech at digikey said their shouldnt be any trouble with the replacements, but now the amp seems to heat up steadily until its blazing hot... any help?

ya its a class D amp, its a 2 channel 300rms class D sub amp. Originally i had it installed by a local shop, a day later when i turned my car off after driving the amp stopped working. I took it off, opened it, the mosfetts had blown (substantially more on the main pin), so i ordered more that seemed compatible and installed them. Same problem the moment i turn off my ignition the amp blew. I decided to put a relay with a diode on the return infront of my amp and it now works without blowing up, however there is a constant heat increase until the amp feels like its going to burn up... help plz!

from description here Rockford Fosgate® - P300-1 I found it is a MONO 300w amp. With single inductor/transformer inside :rolleyes:

I suppose it is a usual class AB amp, and you need to setup the bias (quiescent current) using this blue trimpot...

Attachments

• Unbenannt.GIF
    Unbenannt.GIF
    149.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.