Kole Audio Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp in for repair . It had no output so i removed the board from the sink and redid some solder connections.

With the board out of the sink it will power up and produce audio.

If i put the board back in the sink and put all clamps back in the amp will power up fine but not produce audio and the rca jacks will spark like the heatsink has voltage.

Something conducting?? Or what might cause this

Perry,

Ill get a pic up on here in a few.

Next thing is i got the amp to produce audio out of both channels.

But if i flip the crossover switch from full to low pass or high pass the amp wont produce audio on the right channel.

The switch has to be in full range mode in order to get audio out of both channels.

So i sparyed contact cleaner in it and went back and fourth with the switch 200+ times i still have the same issue Bad switch or maybe something else??

I checked all op-amps all test fine.

Any thoughts?

The switch should be similar to the one in the photo. Use your meter to confirm that you have approximately 0 ohms between the contacts that are connected by the blue line in each position.

Attachments

• orionswitch01.jpg
    orionswitch01.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 50
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.