Hifonics Warrior Merlin blown, could use some help troubleshooting and repairing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased a used Hifonics Warrior Merlin amplifier on Tuesday. I had it powering two 12" RF Punch HE2 @ 1ohm. Sounded beautiful!

However, late Wednesday, the amp suddenly cut out.

The amp power light comes on.
When it powers up, I hear a *click* sound.
However, there is *no* output, and I've tried multiple subs. Subs that I knew to be working.

I pulled the RF subs and looked at them, and lo and behold, one of the tinsel leads had come undone and likely shorted out the connection..

I opened up the amp to visually inspect for damage and couldn't find any.

Any idea what could have happened or gone wrong? I'm interested in repairing it, I have a mild amount of electrical knowledge and am quite handy with a soldering iron and a VMM. I could use some help on figuring out the next step.

Thanks!

Here's an overall. Let me know if closeups of anything will help. I'm just taking photos with an iPhone atm.

Dkdqb.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.