Another brutus problem !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
firstly can i say hey to all on here,

now my problem i have a 1206 brutus and i have read through the other brutus problems but have not seen anything really matching my problem.

i recently brought it off ebay and was told fully working when i recieved it and tested it did not work so went through a huge argument with the guy and rar rar rar

well i got my refund through ebay and still have the amp (guy told me to go f*** myself so i guessed he didnt want it back :p)

well everything all powers up, now when connected to signal lines and speaker (used an eminence delta free air as i had it spair) you can hear the out put but its nothing more than background music when up full ( i have an alpine up front running i think 4 v ) so im a little confused and not to transistor and fet minded so yeah

thanx in advance craig !

i did spend a few hours on it and i know the speaker is all ok, i havent touched it in a while but i am going to get it out and try again could i try switch cleaner as on my big sound i use it and cant see a prob on 12v systems ?

also I have the same problem with a friends 1210 that was brand new, the fuse holder doesn't hold the fuse and he had to keep pushing it back but then spazzed out again and is now doing the same as my 1206. on the 1210 it just turned off one day and found out it just decided to not like the ground and at that point he changed the ground with no problems and continued to power properly with no problems !

it seams like it is powering at the lowest level it can!

and its not me lol i have a 2608 and i have had that in and out and droppped it and just basically abused it and it still works to this day !

so ....

As long as the contact cleaner is safe for plastic, you can use it on the switches. Moving them with the amp on would make the problem of dirty contact immediately obvious because the sound would play through intermittently.

If you determine that it's definitely not the switches, you would need to measure the voltage on several points in the amp to determine what the fault is.

OK now i need help lol

just tried the amps again tonight and there all fine ?????

wired in and tested all switches and gains all smooth and true

but i know they were doing nothing as i have the same set up as i did the last time i tested

any clue because im just loosing my mind over this lol

no because if it was taken from him he would have been in touch about it ?? and when i tested it it didnt work so it didnt and to be honest it wasn`t sent that safely either just wrapped in a black bag !

when i got my 2608 it was in its box wrapped in big bubble wrap in another box full off packing peanuts now thats safe !

and also piont being he robbed me for postage charges £50 what expence is that i know you can send 30kg next day tracked for £12 and how much is a black bag ????? 30p

so to be honest he`s a con !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.