New guy needs help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not a new guy to car audio but a new guy here. I own a couple ARC Audio amps that have been in storage for a number of years. The one I am having trouble with is the 2500CXL. When I went to reinstall the amp in a vehicle I noticed a rattle. I removed the bottom cover and found a transistor clamps had broken in two and had fallen off. Right now I am runnign my IDQ10's off an ARC 2100CXL which is ok but, of that amp, a PPI PC1400, a SS Reference 300, and the 2500CXL the best solution is broken.

I have tried to contact ARC tech support twice with no response so far. I see this little spring clamps in tons of amps over the years, but can't seem to locate a suitable replacement. I did find one clamp that looks very similar listed here:
Transistor clip, Conrad Electronic SE
but that's a site in Germany and would be a huge hassle for such a small part. If they would even sell to me.

Are there any of you wonderful amps tech and repairers out there that know where I might be able to pick one of this little spring clamps up from. You would think such a common item would be an easy find.

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi Tauro,
The mouser part is a litttle bit different dimensionally and does not give a clamping force. Have you used these before in an ARC amp? Mouser is a little easier to order from and I have bought stuff there before.

I did cross check the one that looks closest and is does come up on the mouser site as:
CLP212PG Aavid Thermalloy Heatsinks

a couple pennies less. I guess I could order a couple of each and just install the closest one.

Either way will get the 2500 back in my car and the 2100 can go in wife's car and she will stop complaining that I have subs and she doesn't. haha

Thanks again guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.