Luxon A160D (1100wrms @ 1ohm)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I put power to it, the clear LED lights up blue. The red one doesn’t show so the indicator lights are ok... but the meter goes to 10/11v pretty much straight away and it makes this whistling noise which sounds like something is going to go pop soon. I wouldn’t dare keep it powered up longer than about 5 seconds. Any idea whats making the whistling noise? Sounds like something is charging up to go pop.

I have continuity tested the mosfets/transistors to ground and none of them are grounded anywhere. I have replaced 6x IRFP064N's on the board because the others fried. I cut the legs of the other ones and just soldered to the top of the leg. Im sure this was ok because they didn't deattach from the board or anything. The solder job could be better, but it's not touching.

Any help on where to look next would be awesome. I read another 11 page thread on how to fix my Audiobahn A16000V and wow this site is amazing... other car audio forums people just say "Go buy another one..." Stupid, I say! I have spent two days researching about amps and custom subwoofers, after years of just sticking with the norm and doing the odd woofer re-glue.

Attachments

• DSC01767.JPG
    DSC01767.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01762.JPG
    DSC01762.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 55
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.