Xtreme 800

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for the wiring diagram to eliminate the flimsy phase switches on an Orion Xtreme 800. Already know how to get rid of the 0/180/mono switch and hard wire it into 0 (stereo). Anyone know the rest of the configuration including the 0/180 switch on the other channel? Other than the cheapo switches on these amps they are pretty decent. I've got one wired stereo already but would like to wire the other in bridged. Set it up like and XTR or SX and not get any grief from the switches. Most decks have phase inverters anyway on the sub output. Tanks

If it's a 3-position switch, the attached image should be the correct internal wiring. Short the pins indicated by the blue lines for the desired position.

Attachments

• orionswitch01.jpg
    orionswitch01.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 111
xtreme

Thanks Perry. Just to be sure I've got it right is it from left to right Mono-180-0? I've got one done in the third diagram at a repair shop. I'd asked for it to be set in the 0 position. Can I assume the 2-position switch to be the same except for the mono position? The 2-position switch seems to hold up better. I did take the repaired one and switch the 2-position switch to 180 and reverse the the polarity on the bridged speaker positions and it did work in bridged mode. I'm assuming the owners manual says to switch the 3-position switch to 180 to match the phase with the satellites. I had an Alpine 3527 I believe with similar switches that were NFG as well. Have a couple Zapco AG's and the switches seem to be of much better quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.