Rockford Fosgate P8004

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this amp in for repair. Ive never seen an amp do this before.

The problem with this amp is when u hook it up it will play fine until u shut the car off and then turn it back on.

For example say your running this amp in your car everything is working like it should . Then you stop at a store shut the car off go in get what u need come back out start the car up And the amp will power up but will have no output.

The only way to get the amp back working again is to unplug the rca's shut the head unit off then turn the head unit back on and plug the rca's back in then the amp will work again til u shut the car off.

If this makes any sense.

Wondering what the problem might be and where to begin to check?

Im still repairing this amp. In one section of the amp the resistors and transistors burnt when they burnt they also took the some of the pads along with it. I can figure out where some of the traces went .

1 Side of R133 connects to Q105 in this amp I cannot tell where the other sides of R133 connects since the board is damaged.

Would the schematic tell me where it connects or not?

I believe you are looking at this circuit, the ref designators are off by one though.

Attachments

• P4004.JPG
    P4004.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.