no sound coming out of amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amplifier turns on and power light dims wen bass (would hit) but no sound is coming from it n e 1 have an idea how to fix it? ive took it apart and soldered some things that were a bit burnt and thats how i got the power light to now dim with the music but still no sound....... c oiuld it be a problem with the speaker output connections directly or something more advanced like diodes and transistors???:confused:

well ive tried a few different subs and the same thing happens with it each time... wen i first received the amp it did absolutely nothing but power on, and so i took it apart and found a couple burnt spots then re-soldered them, now it seems like a normal operating amp but no sound comes out.... ive tried tapping the inputs with a small screwdriver to c if maybe the inputs were messed up but the power light dims as if i were putting music through it like various amps ive had where the power light will dim synchronized with the beat... wat should i check for next??? n e ideas?

not sure wat was burned but it fixed the amp to where the light dims wen the bass was going thru it just no sound actualy coming out....
and if u turn on an amp and tap a small screwdriver or something metal into the center of an audio input jack it will thump in the subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.