Quantum QSA 1500D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on this amp. The amp powers up and produces output but very low.

I turned the gain pot up and the amp will stop producing audio. So i sprayed some contact cleaner in it and turned it back and fourth 100 times.

Still have the same problem the amp will work until i turn the gain up and it will stop producing audio. When i turn it back and fourth when the amp is up and running the test speaker will flutter back and fourth .

So to me im thinking i have a bad pot. Would this be correct?

There's definitely a problem. One op-amp has positive voltage on its outputs but has no positive supply voltage. I would suspect that something is shorting to the output of the amp (solder bridge, etc.) if the voltages you posted are correct.

None of the others have positive supply voltage either. You need to trace this problem back to the 15v regulator to determine where the problem is.

Heres the pics of the board.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 63
If theese are the transistors you are talking about 1 is a 2383 and the other is an a1013

1:14.7
2:17.9
3:15.3

A1013
1:-0.1
2:-18.3
3:-15.2

I re did the solder connections on the resistors and the transistors still have 12 volts on pins 1 and 2 of the op-amp

Attachments

• pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 50
Well im getting this amp back again later today I hooked it up for the guy and showed him it worked 100% flawless. He got home last night with it and thought he could make it sound better then what it did and touched the speaker wires together while they were still in the amp dont know how he did it but he did . So now its going back to the bench once again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.