Amp turning on without remote voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry,I removed all of the power and output transistors as stated in my first post.There is nothing on either side of the amp.I removed everything to test out of circuit.None of my other amps click or come on till remote is connected.No power light.And if you apply b+ and remote the power light is very very dim.I hope I didn't waste your time Perry.I'm just trying to learn.

A friend gave this amp to me.When hooked up there was no audio.I open it up and the only visible sign of damage was a trace on the bottom of the board had gotten hot,the trace was still intact.The trace is the ground trace from the gnd that goes to the crossover and rca input board.That trace comes to the top of the board right at the C50 lettering.There is also some traces on top of the board that got hot but still intact.The trace between R223 and R219,also between R214 and R212.
So I'm using this amp to try and further my education.I'm thinking it's not the best to learn with,but,it is the only one I have.
As soon as I'm able to do so,I will be ordering your tutorial.Right now I'm reading every thread on here,and I've read your site over and over trying to commit it to memory.
I'm very appreciative of all of your help.

If U03 and U04 are the regulators, the L7812 and L7912 are likely good subs. The center leg of the L7812 will be directly connected to the secondary center tap or the negative speaker terminal.

For the rectifiers, the FEP16DT and FEP16DTA are probably good subs. The FEP16DTA will go in the locations where the diode symbols on the board are facing away from each other.

If you're lucky, the engineer from Kicker will see this and respond. He'll be able to provide the exact part numbers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.