Scosche vr3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on this amp i found 2 bad outputs in it. I removed them from the board and powerd the amp up.

Its producing negative rail voltage. The positive rail voltage starts out at 27 volts then starts decreasing so like i start with 27 volts then it goes to 20 volts then 15 volts all the way down to 3 volts then it starts over agin 27 volts then decreases.

Wondering what might cause this problem and where do i need to check?

It sounds like the power supply is coming up and is sensing a problem so it shuts down. The voltage drops slowly as the filter caps discharge.

I think you have the voltage on 15 and 16 reversed. Re-check that.

The voltage on pin 4 is too high also.

A photo of the inside of the amp would be helpful. I've never worked on one of these.

DC offset is one thing, otherwise follow the protection circuits back to see what is shutting it down but that is harder to do :eek: I usually fire them up with the meter on different things to catch the obvious such as another bad output.

If you see gate voltage to the PS fets and then it goes away its near always protecting. Does it have a protect LED?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.