bridge ouput rca possible ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello

I have a soundstream reference 500S and when i bridge the amp to mono for my subwoofer, there is only one rca can be use
Soundstream say that we can only use right channel has input in bridged mode.

so my question is

i have a pionneer dehp1500ub and have 2 output rca

is it possible to bridge the 2 output rca to put the signal in the only right channel of the soundstream?

I think to use this for bridge the signal

Doubleur RCA mâle / 2 x RCA femelle, souple par touslescables.com

but can you tell me please if there is a risk to blow my pioneer dehp1500ub?

thanks in advance :)

Thanks Perry :)

Yes you right i'have tested my adaptator and i haven't more power so i'll only use one rca output .

But i don't know why my soundstream reference 500S hasn't enough power for my subwoofer.

at 2 ohms it can power 500Watts rms and my sub don't move a lot and i can't hear a lot of bass :confused:

and it's the same things in stereo mode who can power 2x75 wrms @ 4ohms on my speaker in front door of my cars :confused:

but with my rockford punch 200.4 who can only do 2x50wrms @ 4 ohms in bridged mode have a lot of power

it's really strange the soundstream is more powerfull and the rockford have less power but he drive speaker with a lot of power

If you have an idea of the problem ?
Thanks a lot

With the crossover set to full range and the gains at the maximum setting, drive a 100Hz sine wave signal into the amp and measure the AC voltage on the speaker outputs (meter probes directly across the speaker terminals. Drive it up to as loud as you can (assuming that the gain is so low that you can't drive it into clipping). Then measure the AC voltage on the RCA jacks. Place one probe on the RCA shield and the other on the center conductor on the back of the jack inside the amp. Post both voltages.

With the crossover set to full range and the gains at the maximum setting, drive a 100Hz sine wave signal into the amp and measure the AC voltage on the speaker outputs (meter probes directly across the speaker terminals. Drive it up to as loud as you can (assuming that the gain is so low that you can't drive it into clipping). Then measure the AC voltage on the RCA jacks. Place one probe on the RCA shield and the other on the center conductor on the back of the jack inside the amp. Post both voltages.

Hello Perry

That's my result the amp soundstream reference 500S are in a power supply regulated 13.8vdc at 12A and the rca are from my soundcard of my pc i use a tone generator and my soundcard is an emu1212mv2 pci

with the volume of my pc to the max i have at 100hz sinus 29vac on the speaker terminal in bridged mode and i have 358mvac on the rca

The result is good for you ? :confused:

Now for the dc voltage where i must put the black wire of my multimeter please?

Thanks Perry

so do you it's necessary to test dc voltage on the output transistors :confused:?

I do the test i prefer to be sure....

the red wire of my multimeter is on the center legs of one output transistor and the black meter on ground teminal supply

this is the result:
transistors: Q24,Q25,Q26,Q27: 37.3vdc
transistors: Q28,Q29,Q30,Q31: -37,1vdc
transistors: Q10,Q11,Q12,Q13 37.3vdc
transistors: Q14,Q15,Q16,Q17 -37.1vdc

I don't where are Tip102 And Tip 107 :confused:
have you gor the "Q" number please and for the measurement, i'll do the same things like output transistor?

Last edited:
I don't have much information on that amp but those are likely the outputs. Is the -31.7 supposed to be -37?

If so, I don't see anything wrong with the amp. I'm assuming that that's the correct rail voltage for this amp. If it's not, someone should post the correct voltage.

The AC voltages you posted earlier seem to indicate that you were driving it to hard clipping so I don't think there's a problem of low gain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.