Pc2350

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry didnt want to waist the board space to start another thread.. I have a buddy that is/was running a 2350 in his car.. He smoked it about two weeks ago and I told him I didnt have time to fix it yet.. Well he wanted to try it himself ( a person with little to no electronics expereiance what so ever) I told him not to and I told him what to buy and to have it ready for me in two weeks ( i figured by then I'd have some time ). Well I told him to bring it to me today... He brought it alright.. He took the transformer out and completely unwrapped it! (he thought he was doing me a favor I guess) I called him and asked what the F*** had he done... he replyed It looked burnt so i took it out for you to fix and i unwrapped it because I thought it would be easyer to fix!........

My question is Perry.. What can I do? I'm pretty sure I can wind a new one.. but were do I start? I know about the primary and secondary parts but from looking at my burnt 2350 there is another wrap with 4 smaller wires.. Can you help me?

You're lucky that you'll have yours to use as a guide.

You'll have to match yours to rewind his. When you unwind yours, I'd suggest that you either take photos of it (at least 20) as you unwind it. If you have a video camera, that would be better. Have someone capture the entire process as you 'slowly' unwind it. You'll need to lay down the new windings as close as possible to the same exact layout as the original windings.

If you have any specific questions, post them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.