Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2010, 09:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rockford Fosgate Punch 150 HD's

I have 2 Punch 150 HD's that I am trying to figure out what to do with. They are currently up in my attic. Back in 1993, I built a nice system in my Taurus SHO where these amps were each bridged and driving two 12 subs in an aperiodic configuration with a custom active compensation network. A couple of years back, the amps stopped producing audio so I replaced them with another another amp. The sound was never as good.

At the time, they would still power up but were no longer producing audio as expected. Basically, the sound out of the subs was a low volume hiss with occaisional "thunder". I suspect that the problem is either with the pots for gain or bass enhance, hopefully, certainly on the input stage.

The unique thing about them is that I had the heatsinks powder coated (way back when I built the system) and then I had some problems with them, so I sent them back to Rockford for repair. In the 15 years that they were in my car (after repair from Rockford), I never had a problem with them - until this one.

So, my question is this? What should I do with them? Sell them as is or have them repaired and then sell them? I am reluctant to tear into them at all since they both have the intact warranty stickers from where they were repaired in 1993 after the powder coating.

Thoughts?
Old 27th May 2010, 04:04 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Lately fleabay is flooded with old punch 30, 45, 75 and 150's. You will get more for them functioning, but who knows maybe someone out there will buy it just to look at it!

I say sell them broke, I can always use a couple more!!

Hide this!Advertise here!