Kenwood KAC 8101D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this amp in for repair. When i opened the amp up and started checking stuff out I found the following .

10 ohm resistors connected to leg 1 of the outputs were Defective.

Q53 (C3940) to be defective
Q22 (A1123) to be defective.
Q63,Q64 A1266 to be defective.

Also D53 is a diode looks like a zener it has 153 on it nothing else Do you know what diode this is??
I put a 1n4148 in its spot to test the amp.

The problem im having now is the gain has to be fully counter clockwise and the amp will produce sound but very quiet.

If i start turning the gain up the amp makes the speaker flutter like crazy like im getting 100 volts to it. I put my test leads on the output and when the amp does this i dont have any Dc on the outputs.

Wondering what might cause this?

On this amp, the only shield ground connection likely to fail would be at the RCA jacks. Confirm that you have continuity between the shield (of both the left and right jacks) and the circuit board where the shield terminal on the jack is soldered to the board. Move the jack around while checking continuity in case the connection is intermittent. Don't have any RCAs plugged into the jacks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.