'95 Chrysler Cirrus needs a speaker grille removed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a rattle in the Ol' Cirrus and giving the door a few taps makes me think a speaker wire or some other loose part is causing the annoyance. The radio in the car barely works at all so this repair only needs to be one way: get rid of the noise.

A car audio guy looked at the contoured metal grille and said it couldn't be removed w/out taking off the door skin. I am looking for a second opinion. Could the contoured metal grille found in Chrysler product be removed from the front? I do want to put the thing back on for the rest of the car's useful life (not much!)

Last edited:
It's basically a Stratus, right?

I had a friend in college who had the door panels on his Stratus on and off more times than I could count, swapping out midbasses...IIRC, there was a way to pry off the grille without taking the door panel off. But worst case, I don't remember the door panel being that tough to remove (although the power window actuator really cramped the panel if you wanted to add any larger drivers in the door).

I'd get a butter knife and start prying at it, I've gotten many interiors apart that way :)

I cringe at the word "basically" (brrrr) but yes, the cloud cars are all similar.

And since the car hasn't got much life in it I figure getting one of those miniature nail/stable pullers with a handle on it (like a screw driver has) would be good without getting specialty tools.

I'd like to put the mesh back in to cover up the hole. The contour mesh may be sprung into place but figuring out how to get a hold of it is another thing. The contours don't seem to have any breaks and the cavity looks tight.

Only way to describe it would be like a dish with the lip on the inside. But I don't know this. If you say it can be done I'll give it whirl.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.