amp mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok ive been looking around the net and theirs people that claim that they have mod a amp for more power.now im not the best but from what ive learned on here its takes more than jumping parts or just putting bigger one in,that u would have to mod the whole circuit right?

Your very correct in your thoughts.

You could put in the biggest and baldest parts money could buy but unless you redesign the power supply in these car amps you not gonna achieve anything but bulletproofing the amp. < making it tougher inside at most >

It all comes back to what I been trying to tell others here " You have to have DC power to make power to the speakers"

i was just making sure because ive seen a lot of car audio places where i live and people on the net talk about how they mod amps.they did things like add more caps in the amp,ive got an memphis that someone tried to mod they put 20ohm resistors in the gate
and the thing is cooked now plus they had like three different kinds of fets in the output
it was irfz44 3205 and some other fet ive never used.the person i got it from said memphis repaired it for more power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.