Pyramid PB-777

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recieved this amp in for repair. It has a blown power supply. The are using IRFZ46's for the fets and 100 ohm gate resistors. Wondering if i can swap the fets for something different since i dont have any 46's in stock at the moment. Im ordering alot of parts next week sometime but wanna try to get as many amps done this weekend as i can before i place the order.

Irfz48 will work and 72 amps rated as i recall, but thats not likely going to stop the guy from killing the power supply.
I am thinking something else is wrong with his install like 16 gauge power wires and poor grounding and etc... the list is endless.. but it sounds like your repairing the symptom, not the problem, IMO......:)

I think you are right. When the amp came back in the gain was turned fully clockwise and the crossover setting was at 450 hz to run the subs.

Id hate to see his wiring job. I played the amp in my truck for 1 hr while driving around and i couldnt kill it he had it for 2 days and it went up in smoke.

Im also repairing another one of his amps and in his truck the amp makes a loud hissing noise something internal but when i hook it up in my truck and pound the heck out of it i get no noise and the amp plays fine.

So your probably 100% right on that one.

Thanks for the info on the fets I greatly appericate it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.