So I Took Apart My Alpine MRD M1005...need insight please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Before you say I told you so, yes, I bought this amp used off Craigslist about 2 months ago. Bad idea to not test it on the spot, I know...

I didnt have a chance to throw it in til yesterday, but when I ran all the cables, etc, it powered up, digital display came on, but no power to subs. The controls all worked allowing me to 'hypothetically' adjust gains, etc, but no power at all.

The sub is a working sub, I tested it before and after this amp with a different amp.

I knew something was loose so I popped it open and put the fan back in place, one of them was kinda loose.

Tested it again and same results, no power.
Here is what I found upon closer examination, you can see the burn marks on the side, but on the board itself there is NO sign or burning or any marks at all. Please advise me on what you think the issue might be, and what I would need to replace:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No, the dark marks on the corners of the pic below are not burn marks, it is paint from when I recoated the outside of the amp, none got onto the board. I coated it the day I got the amp, 2-3 months ago.

What you guys think?

Thanks in advance,

-Aaron

Whoa, thanks for that PDF, doesnt seem like its too similar to the one I have though.

I dont have 9 menus, I have about 4. When I press the Menu/Mode button, I can cycle through 4-5 menus, these include:

Temperature(in Celcius)
Channels
Gain
LPF
And when I click the last one it says "OFF"...

Thanks for the help so far fellas.

-Aaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.