Zaph Audio ZA14W08 Midrange Kick Panel Application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to use a pair of Zaph Audio ZA14W08 drivers as part of my 3-way front (Acendent Audio 6.5" XBL Poly Mids & LPG 26NA tweeters) + subwoofer car audio system. I have been using 4" midwoofer dash mounted drivers (Audax, Peerless, Tang Band, Aurasound high-passed ~300-350 Hz) for years. Now, I would like to try a longer path length for my midranges and the ability to high-pass at a lower frequency (~200 Hz).

At the moment it looks like I will have about 2 liters for each ZA14W08 enclosure. I modeled the response in WinISD and the low end looks flatter then all of the 4" drivers I've had in my 1.25 liter dash mounted enclosure. I have 5 bands of eq in the midrange to modify the response.

My only concern is how high I should low pass these drivers. I would optimally like to low pass them at 3,125 Hz w/ a 12 dB slope. However, the drivers will probably be ~30-45 degrees off axis and I am worried about any break-up in the higher frequencies.

What low pass would you suggest keeping in mind I am using LPG 26NA tweeters that need to be high passed really no lower then 3K Hz. I'm going to try different locations for the tweeters but wanted to try the middle of the dash semi dash-windshield loaded.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.