Enclosure Design & Size

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Enclosure Design & Size

Hey guys,

I need some help in working out the dimensions of the enclosure for my new sub. Which is a Focal Utopia 5Ws

I have 2 and they will be treated to an enclosure each. Here are the all the specs i have for the subwoofer.

FS = 44.6hz
Vas = 9 i
Qts = 0.36
Ques = 0.38
Qms = 5.51
Re = 5.2 ohms
Sd = 86.6 Cm2
Cas = 6443-10 m3/M
Mas = 197.4 kg/m4
Ras = 10047.9 ohm.ac
Cms = 859E-06 m/N
Mms = 14.8g
Rms = 753 kg/s
Ces = 261.5 uf
Les = 48.6 mH
Res =75.1 ohm
BI = 7.5
SPL = 85.1 dB/W/m

Focal say that the sub was designed for a vented enclosure and .3 cubic ft.

I havnt got the first clue about working out the sizes for a sub box, im not mathematically minded.

Would you be able to give me some pointers?

Rob

first of all

----follow manufactures box specs----

if you can build a sealed box,build it,cos its much easier.its just gota be sealed with woodglue or whatever.And be the correct volume.

if you want a little more output,go for ported.the port length must be pretty exact.

i modeled a sealed box,i dont know if you can use a sealed box on this woofer or not-,but 15litres works out ok

10cmx10cmx15cm...

im not sure what size the driver is,it seems small like 6.5inch.....its kinda hard to fit a tiny speaker onto a tiny box :p

____
i treid modeling it in winisd pro,but the ports are 30cm long(2inch pipe) ,for 49hz tuning in 10litres,thats kinda annoying and its late (for my part of world):whacko:

well theres a few ideas anyway
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.