Hey all - midbass in car help with horns please - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2010, 09:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hey all - midbass in car help with horns please

Hi all. I am redoing the front stage in my SQ car and have decided to take the plunge and fit a pair of horns and move the mids from the kicks into the doors to gain stage width and actually play them into a larger enclosure.

The horns I have are B&C DE250's playing into Image Dynamics large format horns.

I'll stick up a pic, so you can see what I'm upto.. I have made space in the door for the mid, and am in a lucky position to have the mid at the same height as the horn (I'm keeping the Xovers passive for SQ, so want to avoid time alignement if possible, hence trying to get the mid into the ideal location..)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I also have a small 8" subwoofer upfront too, CDT 820QES.

So I have the 16ohm compression drivers link, and am struggling which mid to get?? I am restricted to an 85mm depth and a 6.5 dia and so far I have shortlisted these drivers..

http://www.bcspeaker...oduct.php?id=56 - B&C 6NDL38

http://profesional.b...df/6P200NdE.pdf - Beymer 6P200ND

6ND430 - LF Neodymium Driver - 18sound 6ND430

If I have not thought of the right driver yet, please help me out, can someone please help me to make the right choice? I have never used pro audio drivers so I'm in your hands...SQ is my priority..

Hide this!Advertise here!