Speaker Placement for my boat renovation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 1975 boat I have renovated and have some speakers I would like to install. Where would you put them for the best sound. The only place they can really go is in the plastic seat bases which are 11" high. I realize that by the feet is not ideal placement but I don't have a lot of options and it will still sound 100 times better than the single 1975 speaker it had with the tape deck with tone control and volume control that it had before. lol

I bought 4 Rockford Fosgate M282 marine speakers and a Clarion M309 (20W rms each by 4 channel) deck.

Can the speakers be placed directly across from each other or do they need to be staggered? The seats are about 21" apart at the floor. I will try attach pictures in this post.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Kelly

What kind of boat?

Also, just something to keep in mind...for the best results, I'd strongly recommend using an external amp, instead of just relying on head unit power :) If it's an open cabin or deck, think of it as a convertible...you're losing a lot of dynamic range already. Having an external amp will allow you to really crank it without going into distortion early.

Welcome to DIYAudio, BTW :wave:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.