I have a question about outputs on RF amplifiers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kinda pricey:(
LOL yeah the price went up alright. How about this SUB Only Transistor Irf9540 | Distributed By MCM | 872905385
:D I know I bought some last year cheap no problem, I better fix the little RF before I use them for something else. Sucks because I don't trust most other sources, though I did get some nice China transistors off ebay. Maybe they don't have to clone their own stuff.

Electronix Online

IRF9540 N BY "IR" - eBay (item 390063557969 end time Apr-27-10 19:07:12 PDT)

The IRF540N doesn't work in place of the IRF540 in many Rockford amps. I don't know if the 9540N will work in place of the non-N version. He should buy the non-N if it's available.

chipper:
you can pull the outputs out of the other channel to test the blown channel to see if there are any other defective components. Check the 0.1 ohm source resistors before installing any output transistors.

Before applying power to the amp, insert a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line and have all heatsink mounted components tightly clamped to the heatsink. Also make sure that all heatsink mounted components have insulators between them and the heatsink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.