fli audio amp 900s autoprotect on ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all, new to site but been interested in car audio since way back.my question was to see if anyone can help diagnose and possibly fix problem i.m having with my fli amp which was working fine but has now decided to stay on protection with red light. the power,remote ground are all sound and was installed professionally.i did have amp apart but made mistake of powering with board off heat sink and managed to burn out 3 fets?:eek:
(irz44n,s) which i have replaced but can anyone help with step by step checks to see if amp can be saved.thanks for reading.rob

the pcb board not sure which is output fet is prob cause of problem?

Attachments

• 14042010055.jpg
    14042010055.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 103
With your multimeter set to ohms, measure the resistance between the legs of each of the output transistors (large, black, fully encapsulated components clamped to the heatsink).

If you read anything near 0 ohms between the legs of any individual transistor, it's likely shorted. Remove it from the board and re-check it.

I have a similar problem too and mine's a 900S.
Do you have any pictures from underneath the smaller PCB board of the larger board? One of my resistors under there have melted and I haven't got a clue what size it is for me to be able to replace it. It's on the left of that picture, 1st resistor on the left under the smaller board. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.