Soundstream 500 S audiophile ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello :)

i have seen a Soundstream 500 S amp for 50 euros :yummy::p

I think it's a good amp ?

But i need your advices about this amp please ?

I think i'll use it on my subwoofer (just for test it) after i'll use it on my front speaker on my car.

the speaker are:
Magnat

I just update the filter with Mundorf MCap 250V MKP audiophiler :)

Thank you for your opinion on this amp :)

I have a Reference 700s and thus far my only complaint about it has been those awful switches. Every time I touch a switch, I either need to break out the contact cleaner, or worse, replace it. Although it isn't that bad, the Soundstream Reference 700s was my least favorite amplifier to disassemble and reassemble.

J&R Electronics on eBay also stated that the driver boards wouldn't be a bad thing to keep on hand for spares. I just decided that I am done with my amp if it gives me another problem. As someone stated on another forum, if something else goes wrong with that amp, it is the universe's way of telling me that I need something new.

EDIT: As for the amplifier itself, IMHO that is one of the flattest amplifiers out there on the market. Unlike brands of amplifiers on the market, I noticed no coloration of the sound with the Soundstream nor did I notice any audible noise. For an older amplifier, it is pretty good.

Last edited:

that's ok i have the soundstream reference 500S and the sound is great :eek:
i love it :yummy:

the guy give me 10 euros with the amp :p
but i think the amp have a problem :confused:

the channel left has no output :confused:

i test it on my computer with rca set on unbalanced mode,
i only cna here a little sound if i set the input level to the maximum for the letf input :confused:

i set the button on stereo mode and full range but no sound :confused:

have you got an idea of the problem please ?

that ok the problem come the button to choose between full/high or low pass because when i touch it i have the sound to the left channel and not Right channel but in full range i have only right channel

do you know where can i found parts for this amp please ? (in european union if possible because i don't want custom:eek:)

this is a photo of the amp

i have surrounded in red the defective switch

do you think i can use a product like this to clean the switch ?

3 en 1 huile multi-usages Pro aérosol 250 ml acheter comparer sur Motorparadise - Motorparadise

You can try de-oxidation spray. Sometimes you can find it in automotive parts stores for cleaning corrosion off connectors. Might also be called contact cleaner. You can try medical denatured rubbing alcohol.

and i can see an other switch with an other plug :confused: can someone can explain me what is this please ? :confused:

AIRBASS remote gain controller. Set to "out" position unless you have the controller connected.

I don't know of anywhere to get switches for these besides ebay. Maybe he will ship internationally
eBay Store - JandRelectronics: IC's, Diodes, Switches

Maybe you can match up dimensions and search parts stores.

Here is the manual
http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/REFERENCE/r5_7_10s/r5_7_10s.pdf

Last edited:
You can try de-oxidation spray. Sometimes you can find it in automotive parts stores for cleaning corrosion off connectors. Might also be called contact cleaner. You can try medical denatured rubbing alcohol.

AIRBASS remote gain controller. Set to "out" position unless you have the controller connected.

I don't know of anywhere to get switches for these besides ebay. Maybe he will ship internationally
eBay Store - JandRelectronics: IC's, Diodes, Switches

Maybe you can match up dimensions and search parts stores.

Here is the manual
http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/REFERENCE/r5_7_10s/r5_7_10s.pdf

For the AIBASS how can i know if the position is set to "out" ?

IIRC, you have to plug in the Airbass controller to enable it. Although I never really saw a use for a remote controlled bass boost, they usually command a pretty penny for these amplifiers. Then again, the Balanced Line Transformers aren't cheap either!

Edit... At least you were able to fix your switch issue with deoxidizing cleaner. I wasn't so lucky the last time I flipped a switch on mine. :(

Thanks 0ldSch00lf00l :)

in fact there was a loose connection in the switch :(
the cleaner isn't really necessary because before i tighten 4 little parts that are on the switch (see the photo) and the problem was resolved :)

I love this amp and i pay it only 40 euros (54,3784 USD) :D:p:yummy::cool:

in fact i sell a cheap amp and poor speakers in a shop specialized that sell used products

and the guy gave me a voucher of 50 euros.(67,9624 USD)

so i do an exchange and he gave me 10 euros because when he test the amp before me he saw the problem

in this shop there is a lot of amp at verry good price :cool:

to conclude it's a great deal and i won 10 euros (13,5932 USD) :D :) :cool:
tomorrow i test this amp on my great subwoofer Ground Zero :nod:

I have a question

It's about the fuse near the battery for my amp soudstream Reference 500S and rockford fosgate punch 200.4

I think use a power cable of 35mm2 for the 2 amp with a shunt but i don't know what fuse i can use near the battery:confused:

Can someone help me please ?

I test the soundstream reference 500S on my subwoofer and the bass are so clean and deep :)

but the power of the amp isn't enough :worried: for my subwoofer...

i put the amp on the speaker and i put my old sinuslive SLA 1500 classD on the sub but the sound is really different, more power but the bass aren't so clear like the soundstream :worried:
i don't know why ??

When i use the sounstream we can here deep and clear bass when i open the the trunk of the car and with the sinuslive class D the bass seems bad quality and the sound is muffled i must close the trunk of the car when i use the sinuslive to here bass :confused:

Can someone explain me why please ?
and what fuse i must use the sinuslive amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.