rockford t5002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
would adding capcitance to the board on these amps produce more output? It has two small caps on there with room for two more. I looked at other rf amps and they have the same #of fets jus more capicitance. Does anyone known what size caps they are and/or if these "Mundorf M-Lytic Audio Grade Power Capacitors" in the 63v/2200uF size would work. sry if this is a repost, i tried to post this type of info.question yet it didnt show up on the forum.

Thanks, so just as an aside what do those caps do? These amps are birthed @200+ watts yet cea rated at 75? i ve looked at other rf amps and the p 400-2 has only 4 fets yet more capacitance and is cea rated at 100? Does the fet count need increase due to the T-series amps handling lower impedances?

Isn't it only the class D amps that handle lower impedances?

The caps store energy and then supply current between power supply pulses. In car amps with switching power supplies, the time between pulses is almost non-existent so you don't need significant capacitance like you would for an amp being powered by 50-60Hz sine wave.

All the amps from the power series are 1 ohm stable. I get the idea of needing the power when the low notes hit. So my next question is.... how can you tell how much power an amp should put out? That thing has 8 mosfets for gosh sakes?lol. The p400-2 i have has 4 yet it is rated at a higher wattage cea?yet has only 4 fets?
Sorry for asking so many questions but My birth sheet was a like 1174 on a 2 mohm mono load. I have alot of amps and maybe they are just beasts or that was a ** sheet not a birth sheet,lol.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.