about "1000W" car amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
check out http://www.californiaboom.com/car_am_01.htm
u can find this amp here , the power ratings are in RMS according to the manufacturer

but........ its tricky :devily:
they say @4 0hm: 400W x 4
but hte max power of this amp is 800W, i think they mean peak power by saying max power

those are some nasty ways manufacturers using to make people buy their products , when most people see an amp with a sticker thats says its a 1000W amp they wount check if its rms , pmpo , music or whatewer ........

Joined 2003
Paid Member
sss said:

but........ its tricky :devily:
they say @4 0hm: 400W x 4
but hte max power of this amp is 800W, i think they mean peak power by saying max power
Years ago, when the Crown K2 was the new range of amps
a customer had bought for his new PA system, we wanted to know how good those K2's were.
So we started connecting a battery of those amps to a huge JBL
PA system and played an almost uncompressed house cd at concert level.
After 15 to 20 minutes the Crowns who were doing the sub and bass were going into protection one after another with only slight clipping.
Engineers from the factory came over to investigate the problem because they could not believe what we had done.
As far as I remember they changed the toroids to bigger ones in the following series.
This, only to let you know that all the advertised power is very flattering on paper. Real life situations are extremely different.

/Hugo :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.