Need Help Wiring Kicker CVR 12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need help wiring a 12 inch kicker cvr 12 2 ohm in a ported wedge box, my amp is a 760w pioneer and is being bridged at 380 rms at the sub, i tried reading the kicker directions but im still not sure if i did it right, it doesnt work right at all if its wired in "parallel" but it works decent i guess in "series" still kind of a noob at this, also the amp is at +12 bass boost, little over "normal" on the gain and HPF is off, thanks for any help guys!

A typical 2ch amp will run 2 ohms a ch or 4 ohms bridged. If that is a 2 ohm DVC, then you sure can't run it parallel that would be 1 ohm when the amp can only go down to 4 bridged. So you run it series and that is 4, just what it should be for bridged. Amp + to first sub +, that - to the other sub +, that coil's - back to the - amp.

Try to run the boost low as you can, if you need a lot then odds are you need a larger box to make the sub work right or a larger amp if you have the gain way up. Having the boost up tends to make the amp clip sooner. It is really to EQ the low bass up the same as the high bass, not for more bass use the gain for that. You should run the LPF (low is passed through the filter & highs are cut) not HPF (high pass) if that is what you mean. Sometimes with a ported and enough power you need to run a subsonic filter (a really very low HPF) because the sub will unload under tuning of port, you will see the sub move way more then at that real low frequency. It can xmax hard and bottom.

That is is you have 2ch amp and a DVC 2 ohm sub.

yea thanks its running in series right now seems to be working good, its pretty loud for 1 sub, im going to do this setup for a little while then im going to get another CVR and run them in a ported or sealed box (havent made my mind up yet) and i guess im gonna get a kenwood 1800w amp or a hifonics, id like a good amp to push the two cvrs but not cost a boat load.

101_0051.jpg

thats what it looks like, the box is to small seems like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.