Power supply transistors for Rockford punch 40x2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would these be good substitute for the BUZ11 fets they are originals but just asking just in case something goes wrong. I looked up BUZ11 and this is equivalent to it's specifications.

http://www.lw1drj.com.ar/users/circuito/BUZ11.PDF

Also what happens when there is a missing resistor the large 2 ohm ones in the output section? I think that's what's causing the amps channel to be distorted?

The IRFZ44 will serve as a good substitute.

There are no large 2 ohm resistors in the output section, as far as I know. Are you sure you're not referring to the 0.1 ohm or 10 ohm resistors?

If one is missing, you'd have to replace it. Did it break off of the board or was it desoldered?

Hmm I though that transistor would work just in case it failed.

Oh my mistake it's the rather larger resistors in the output section. I believe it was soldered off but I got it off another scrapped punch amp that I had and it performs great now. Also are LM137T Voltage regulators?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.