winisd help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey I'm trying to model a sub in winisd and I'm not sure how many t/s parameters I can get away with. I have this information and no real way to find anymore(it was hard enough getting this much)

fjl-1211 Jonah Lomu Woofer

* Magnet Structure 300 Oz
* Power Handling 1300 Watts 650w rms
* Voice Coil 3" Black Alloy SVCImpedence (per coil) 4 Ohms
* Free Space Resonance (Fs) 28Hz
* Efficiency 89db
* Frequency Response 21Hz to 1.2kHz
* Mounting Diameter (mm) 11.22"/285mm
* Mounting Depth (mm) 6.49"/165mm

FS - 26 hz
QMS - 3.717
Vas - 107.1 l
Xmax - 13mm one way
Qes - .35
Qts - .322
Sens - 89 1-W

Overall Dia - 319mm
Cut Dia - 285mm
Depth - 165mm

DRIVER:
- 12-inch High Rigidity
Non-Pressed Paper Cone
- High Excursion Surround
- Woven Fabian Leads
- Die-Cast Aluminum Basket
POWER HANDLING:
- 650W RMS
- 1300W Max
FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- 22 - 1,200 Hz
VOICE COIL:
- Dual 3-inch Black Alloy
- 4-Ohm + 4-Ohm Impedence
MAGNET:
- 325 oz.
SENSITIVITY:
- 92.1 dB

So far I've input the
qts
vas
fs
xmax
qms
qes

Is there more I can get from the info I have or can i get away with just this??

Any help would be great

Anyhow

Well I just ran what I had and it came up with a volume of 50.9 inches and a tuning freq of 32.74. This is for a ported enclosure. Does that sound right??

This is the car(91 Subaru Liberty wagon) and the driver(JL Jonah Lonu 12") I want to use, and the only graphs winisd supplied.

Attachments

• JL SUB BOX.bmp
    181.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF4147.JPG
    DSCF4147.JPG
    604.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF4148.JPG
    DSCF4148.JPG
    607.4 KB · Views: 53
Well I just ran what I had and it came up with a volume of 50.9 inches and a tuning freq of 32.74. This is for a ported enclosure. Does that sound right??

This is the car(91 Subaru Liberty wagon) and the driver(JL Jonah Lonu 12") I want to use, and the only graphs winisd supplied.

Nice Looking Driver.....box sounds Right...i Absolutely cant say for sure..since i myself havent even Figured out how to Use winISD. :eek:

okay just ran your numbers. You must have had 50.9 liters and not cubic inches. 50.9 liters is about right. The numbers given by win isd are only suggestions based on a set of calculations. You can tweak the dimensions and tuning based on what you like. I find that for most 12 inch subs that like ported enclosures 2 cubic feet(or 56.6 liters) and a tuning of 35 hz works well. Your sub isn't a JL by the way. It is a Fusion Jonah Lomu series driver.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.