need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello i have a 06 Dodge Durango and i got a new double din and i want to install it but want to know if i can hook up my factory roomount dvd player to it. All I really want is just the audio to play through the door speakers because my headphones for the unit stoped working. I dont want it only to play the dvd through my new head unit i want the kids to be able to put the dvd in the back and just watch it. thanks for any info.

thanks for your replys but where would i get the power from because isn't the roofmount dvd player powered from the factory deck? and my new deck doesnt have the same plug the the factory one does not and the aftermarket harness has nothing to plug the dvd plaeyer. thanks again

What model is your aftermarket deck? Alpine, Kenwood, JVC and a host of others have cd changer ports that convert into Aux in for your audio. And most of the newer decks already have an input on the rear or front.
The power may be just a simple remote turn on wire like an amp, not sure. Contact a dealer, they might supply you with a wiring diagram for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.