Rockford Fosgate 1500bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry,

Dont know what happen to my last Thread cant seem to find it probably overlooked it.

Anyway Ive replaced all of the ic's on the board again. Replaced all of the regulators,resistors for the regulators,all of the outputs, the mic4420's new emitter resistors.

Just finishing up on putting the last 2 ic's back in it.

Wondering is there anything else i should check before i power this up and test the output.

I dont want this thing blowing up for the 5th time

Yes. It's ~±10v on this amp (don't expect ±15v). Set your scope to 2mS, 5v/div and DC coupling. touch it to the power supply pins and push on everything in the area to see if the voltage ever varies from the ±10v.

This amp doesn't have any pulldown resistors on the FETs so you should install the opto-coupler before applying power (or desolder the red/black wires on the power supply side of the board <-- this would be best way to prevent damage).

Last edited:
pic 1 is off the first bank of fets pic 2 is off the second set

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 71
Ok my probe is a 10x probe If i set it to 5volts/dive 10us/div.

The first pic is touching the B+ terminal with it set to the center line

next 2 pics is what i get if i touch the gate legs of the fets

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.