Zapco Z400c4-SL no power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, guys. I just got this amp and was told that it was not working. I will try to fix it with everyone's help. I try powering it up and the fan is working and power light is on. I have no speacial plug that zapco used. So i'm not trying to get sound yet. But i open it up anyway. Big suprise to me, the power supply is missing. I'm stuck now. I need the schematic for this amp or where can i buy a new? I don't see anything burn or missing, only the power supply. Any help is thankfull.

DSC02700.jpg

You should try contacting Zapco to see if they can supply a replacement. It's unlikely that they will but you should try that before you try to make one.

Have you tested the outputs to see if any were shorted. It may not seem important at this point but if the amp has a lot of other damage, it may not be worth the effort/expense to repair.

It should. Try to remove it intact.

There are two rows of 4 FETs near the transformer. Find the two wires that connect to the center legs of the FETs. One will go to two of the outer primary windings. The other will go to the other two outer primary windings.

Find the wires that are directly connected to the non-bridging speaker terminals. These will go to the two center secondary wires.

Find the wires that are directly connected to the B+ terminal of the amp. These will go to the four center primary windings.

The remaining two wires should go to the rectifiers. Each of these will connect to one of the outer secondary windings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.