Audiobahn A2300HCX - Need Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Audiobahn A2300HCX amp and it all of a sudden quit putting sound to the subs. The blue light comes on and the cooling fans also do, but the gauges show no sound being output. I took it apart and cleaned it up thinking that some of the connections would have corrosion on them. After cleaning, I put it back together and tried it again. No luck. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this?

You don't need a meter that measures current. I'd recommend that you buy a used Fluke model, 10, 11 or 12 (in good working order) than any new, cheap meter. I used a Fluke 16 for about a week and it is also a good choice but the 10, 11 and 12 are better suited to car audio work. Auto-ranging is nice but not necessary.

Here are some pics of the inside of the amp:
IMG_2975.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG
RCA end of amp
IMG_2977.JPG
B+, Ground, Speaker Output end of amp

I have bigger pictures on my computer but it would not let me upload them so I can e-mail them to you if that would be easier

On the 16 pin IC near the center of the board, you need to measure the voltage on all 16 pins. The amp needs to be powered up (including remote). Place the black meter probe on the amplifier's ground terminal. Place the red meter probe on the point where you need to measure the voltage. The attached image shows you the pin numbering scheme.

Do not let the probe slip and short between pins.

Attachments

• pinconfig494-01.gif
    pinconfig494-01.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 77
I plugged in the fuses and these are the readings I got:
1-.12V
2-1.17V
3-.05V
4-.12V
5-.02V
6-.01V
7-0V
8-2.4V
9-1.32V
10-1.25V
11-2.53V
12-1.67V
13-.85V
14-.76V
15-.7V
16-0V

I measured the three terminal device also. Going Left to right my readings were: 2.67V, the middle terminal decreased down to .06V then jumped back to .2V and went back down to .06V and repeated the previous, the last terminal read 2.67V also

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.