Budget Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm only looking to power a ROCKFORD FOSGATE Prime R1S410 10" Sub. It's 4ohm 150W RMS.

I can't decide which amp to go with. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated:

KENWOOD KAC-5204 2-CH
150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
Kenwood KAC-5204 (kac5204) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Phoenix Gold Ryval V752 2-CH
Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.
Phoenix Gold Ryval V752 (pg-v752) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

I'm leaning towards PG because it gives me some room to upgrade later on but is this amp reliable? I hate to have it poop out on me and negate any savings.

Never heard of the brand Pheonix before, but that one got a variable low pass filter instead of a fixed one. Have you considered that? Since you're not using a sub from KenWood, it can be a useful feature to change the lowpass filter frequency until you get it to sound good. Get it?

Go half way, check this out 180471307884 on ebay. $95 shipped for 111rmsx4ch@4ohm with a factory warranty from Infinity, two just sold for that. Kind of huge I have one, but they list other amps on there. That way you are buying from a company or store, not joe blow, and you get a warranty. I been running a kicker 700.5 for like 3 years now that was a kicker factory refurb, it was like <180 with all new accessories in sealed factory box. Had a small rub mark on the top I could hardly see, I imagine it has more on it now. People are still paying more for the same amp used on ebay.

That mrp-m450 is a nice little sub amp, I sold one I should have kept it.

You can also look for last years stuff on clearance. Before the holidays they had pioneer prs amps on sale really cheap. Lately infinity 1252 subs were on sale for $50.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.