lightning audio 1000 d amp from the closet - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th February 2010, 08:10 PM   #1
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Default lightning audio 1000 d amp from the closet

I decided to see if the driver/modulator board from this amp would be the same as the "planet audio" I'm trying to repair so I dug around and found it. It has a totally different board so maybe I can try and diagnose this as well. Nothing in the amp appears scorched, and I couldn't find any bad solder joints or shorted power supply or output transistors. The amp's problem is that it sometimes won't power on... no current draw at all. It was a friend's a few years back and I couldn't find out why it wouldn't power on. He got another amp shortly after and told me to just keep this one. Funny thing is, I just powered it on and it works perfectly???? It wouldn't power on no matter what a few years back. ????????? Wow, now I have to try and get it to shut down to try and diagnose it lol
Old 14th February 2010, 10:38 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Do you know if the amp was possibly going into protect mode before?
Old 14th February 2010, 11:11 PM   #3
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Can't remember exactly what the original symptoms were. I only remember it wouldn't power up with my power supply at all. Now it does, guess I'll have to run it at 2ohm somehow and try and warm it up.

Hide this!Advertise here!