lightning audio 1000 d amp from the closet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I decided to see if the driver/modulator board from this amp would be the same as the "planet audio" I'm trying to repair so I dug around and found it. It has a totally different board so maybe I can try and diagnose this as well. Nothing in the amp appears scorched, and I couldn't find any bad solder joints or shorted power supply or output transistors. The amp's problem is that it sometimes won't power on... no current draw at all. It was a friend's a few years back and I couldn't find out why it wouldn't power on. He got another amp shortly after and told me to just keep this one. Funny thing is, I just powered it on and it works perfectly???? It wouldn't power on no matter what a few years back. ????????? Wow, now I have to try and get it to shut down to try and diagnose it lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.