DD Z1 amp issues - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2010, 12:22 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

well I got it out...however now it is in 2 pieces.

I'm not sure if it was already damaged or if I did it all, I'm leaning towards the latter. The lead ends of the diode were bent under the board, and I had no way to straighten them out without pulling the whole card. So it took some effort to remove.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:30 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

Replace the diode with a new one. Then measure the DC voltage across the new one (one meter probe on each terminal of the diode).
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:39 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

alright...new diode in place and it reads 8.65 Volts across. Same as the old one, the amps still acts the same way. Protect light comes on for a few seconds then cuts out. hissing from power supply, and non-stop clicking from the speaker lead relays.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:44 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

When it's trying to power up, does the amp produce any DC on the speaker terminals?

If the relay isn't on long enough for the meter to read any DC, go back to the output filter inductor to see if there is any DC voltage.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:48 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

I was able to read ~150mV across the positive and negative speaker terminals...I still have power supply fets out of the circuit. The large resistor on the drive board gets very hot quickly. No other parts seemed to get hot.
Old 4th March 2010, 08:15 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

I was putting the PS mosfets back in the board and decided to check some other transistors. I found a shorted driver transistor (A1023), I pulled it from the board and the legs read 0.6-1.2 ohms of resistance between. I already have the replacement coming.

These driver transistors led back up to the driver card, and to the pins that had the low voltage on the SG3525 chip. Could this shorted transistor be the cause of the problem? or just a result?

I will be replacing the part within the next few days.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:16 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

It could be part of the problem. It wouldn't have been able to drive the power supply FETs properly if it was shorted. The Vdoub should be higher which may make the voltage on the driver IC higher.
Old 25th April 2010, 09:28 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

what ever happened to this? im having issues with my Z1 as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!