Kicker ZR240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a kicker zr240 and i am having problems with it. It just quit working one day and when i checked it out both fuses were blown so i put new fuses in and nothing happened well i mean no sound i was gettin power to the amp. So i started playin around with it and when i pushed the fuse box on the amp in with a little force it was working again but when i let off nothing. so i took it apart and noticed the connection were the fuses touches the board was bent so i bent it back and then i only had to lay my finger on the fuses to get them to work!? But it also keeps going in and out of protection mode on its own and the subs make a popping noise in this process. Im new to the whole audio world but i am good with electronics so will somebody please tell me what is needed to be done to fix these problems....thank you in advanced

To eliminate the fuse holder problem for now, solder a wire across the terminals for one of the fuse holders.

Insert a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line feeding the amp (<< VERY important) and power up the amp. Does the amp work properly? If not, what problems does it have?

Have all semiconductors clamped tightly to the heatsink before applying power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.