Rockford punch 201s blowing inline fuse! need Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone first off i have nothing but bad luck with almost every amp i own. unless it's cheap and i mean cheap, last forever sounds horible. My problem now is i just hooked up a borrowed at that Rockford Fosgate Punch 201s to my sony xplod 10" sub. Worked amazing last night and this morning on way to work. After work turned on amp and loud pop blew inline fuse. Came home pulled bottom cover off and my 2200uF 16v capasistor was blown. So i replaced it hooked it back up same thing blew fuse again. amp does not have burnt smell at all and obviously a short somewhere inside. any help would be apreciated because not only now do i still have to buy myself a new amp but if i can't fix this i'm going to have to replace this amp as well. Thanks in advance.

i was running 4ohm load, this which amp pushes 200 watts bridged at 4ohm. and it no blows inline fuse without remote wire connected. i have an old pioneer amp but it's an old 4ch amp and does not have the power to push the sub. but just incase people are thinking it's the wiring i have had other amp hooked up without a problem. Just wierd worked perfect parked car went into work, got off work started car and that was all she wrote. didn't even get a thump before it blew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.