Need help finding parts for car amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where I can find BUZ103 and MTP75N05HD by Motorola MOSFET?

I'm not sure what brand the buz is? But the other is by motorola.
I need some help finding these transistors. Thanks

ohh yeah these are for some Rockford punch amps.
And I need to find the small resistors in a punch 225. Not sure what's the tolerence. They are located next to the supply transistors by the middle leg I believe?? Thanks again

For the BUZ103, if it's used in the power supply, I'd use an IRFZ44 as a sub. There are 4 power supply FETs and 4 gate resistors.

When you order parts, I'd recommend that you also order at least 10 each of the MMBTA06 and MMBTA56.

For the 75N05, I'd use either an IRF1010E or an IRF3205. What are the markings on the gate resistors for this amp? What is the model number of this amp?

For the BUZ103, if it's used in the power supply, I'd use an IRFZ44 as a sub. There are 4 power supply FETs and 4 gate resistors.

When you order parts, I'd recommend that you also order at least 10 each of the MMBTA06 and MMBTA56.

For the 75N05, I'd use either an IRF1010E or an IRF3205. What are the markings on the gate resistors for this amp? What is the model number of this amp?

The two amps I'm working on are punch 225.2 and punch 150a2, aside from that I don't think anything else is damaged in the punch 150a2 because it works even though one of the supply fet is toasted. The punch 225 does not work and popped the new fets which were irfz44s. How I did notice one of the small resistors is burned off next to Q6. Do you think D11, D2, D3, D10 are possibly damaged? Or what abot Q2 Q1 Q5 Q4 I'm assuming those are the driver transistors? They are very small and are intretated into the circuit board.

When doing repairs, you should have all semiconductors tightly clamped to the heatsink and have a small fuse (10 amp for these two amps) in the B+ line. Then, if there's a problem, the fuse will blow and the new semiconductors will survive (in most all cases).

The diodes near the FETs rarely ever fail. Those transistors are the drivers. The ones marked 2a are the ones that fail most often when the power supply FETs fail.

Faults in the audio section of the 225 could have caused the power supply FETs to fail again but the most likely cause is defective drivers or defective gate resistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.