rockford fosgate 800a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got done putting new fets and new outputs in the left channel. Amp powers up fine. Left channel is distorted i checked the voltage across the emitter resistors in that channel i get 0 volts across all except 1. that one is measuring -.04 volts across it. Wondering if that could be where the problem is?

Ok more checking into this amp. I think i may have something shorted. When i first power on the amp it will draw 60 + amp of current for a sec then idle perfectly.

The orginal fets were MTP75N05HD I replaced them with IRF3205's Is this a good replacement?

I also replaced 1 gate resistor that was out of spec's (suppose to be 68 ohm)

More looking at the bottom of this amp there is some shady soldering from whoever worked on it before me. I will clean that up and resolder the parts.

So for right now is the 3205's a good replacement?

I dont understand this amp. Left channel still distots.

Ive replaced the fets, all new outputs,all new emitter resistors,new a56's and 06's in that channel, also replaced a couple a2's and turned the bias pot all the way down and the stupid thing still distorts

Wondering if you have any ideas on where i should go from here maybe an op amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.